The easiest way to avoid those pit falls is to plan ahead to prevent the most common errors by chiropractors when it come to marketing their practice. Here are a few tips to keep in mind. As you will notice many of the suggestions are things you and your staff can do on your own.
Use only Chiropractic marketing that works for your practice
- If you haven’t done so in the past, start today by correlating your marketing dollars spent to your dollars earned. Each dollar should be accounted for with a positive ROI, Return on Investment.
- Community outreach is key to building relationships with those who will be vital to your referrals.
- Partner with similar neighboring businesses.
- Offer free screenings at events, fairs and seminars.
- Provide educational/informative talks to local businesses and or at your office
- Attend the Chamber meetings monthly, if you are unable to attend each month, send a staff member to represent your practice.
- Are you providing informative information? (shoveling snow)
Take an honest assessment of your practice
- Is your interior welcoming and inviting to your patients?
- Can new patients see your sign from the street?
- Do you have a 24 hour answering service so that all calls are answered?
- Have you done an office audit?
- Does your practice reflect your talents and abilities?
Start, Maintain and Increase your Internet Marketing efforts
- The affluent use the internet more than any other income group.
- Can patients make an appointment online?
Turn your Internet prospects into New Chiropractic Patients
Your website at a minimum should have the following:
- Landing page
- Data Capture tool with an Auto Responder
- Photos with tags
- A compelling reason to make an appointment
- Strong Search Engine Optimization
Engage and Maintain consistent communication with your current patients.
- Send Postcards
- Social Media Marketing (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp etc)
- Incent your patients to refer you their friends and family
Maximize your efforts with Chiropractic Postcards
- Reach people in pain
- Be consistent in you direct mail
- Reach enough people that a ½% Response will be a sufficient amount of new patients each month
Redefine your Chiropractic marketing message
Make sure you are getting the right message to the right people.
- Is your practice attracting the types of patients that fit your “ideal patient profile”?
- If not, why? Are you marketing in the wrong areas? Marketing to the wrong demographics?
- Not marketing at all?
Match your Marketing efforts to the type of clientele you are targeting such as:
- Social Media – Active and Non Active Patients
- Direct Mail – New Patients and Non Active Patients
- Referral Programs – Active and New Patients
- Letters/Emails – Active Patients and Non Active Patients
- Video Internet Marketing – New Patients
- If you do Personal Injury, is at least 20% of your practice made up of personal injury patients? If not, a stronger focus on personal injury is highly recommended.
Many of the items we mentioned can seem overwhelming, time consuming and expensive but guess what, it doesn’t have to be. We specialize in getting chiropractors results and guarantee our solutions! As you may have heard us say before and we will say it again, your marketing dollars are an investment, not an expense! With a good plan we can help you get there without the stress or worry about maintaining, retaining, reactivating and attaining new patients.
Contact us today to set up a FREE One Hour Coaching on how to implement many of our tips. (Normally our market planning coaching is $150/hour).