5 Ways To Turn Leads Into Patients
We wanted to share 5 tips that have enabled some of our other clients to see an increase in leads who turn into patients. Your team may be doing some or even all of these already, but I still wanted to share them with you just in case.
5 Ways To Turn Leads Into Patients:
- Welcome Calls/Texts– After a lead schedules an appointment it is important to establish a connection with them prior to the appointment. When a patient feels comfortable, welcomed, or familiar with a practice they are more likely to recommend the practice or become a patient. Reach out with a call or text to see if they have any questions, need directions and to simply let them know you look forward to the appointment.
- Reminder calls/text– Prior to the appointment reach out to the patient with another call or text to remind them of the upcoming appointment. Once your practice has been introduced to the patient by the welcome call, the patient will be much more receptive to a reminder call and text.
- On your way text– if you send patients a text 15 min prior to the appointment, just making sure they are on the way really helps.
- Reschedule call/text– As soon as the patient is 10-15 min late for their appointment, call and if they don’t answer text them to reschedule.
- No Evaluation or No Pain– If a patient schedules an appointment for pain but claims not to be in pain when coming in, an evaluation should still be completed. Often the patient will be experiencing pain but will not recognize it until the pain is aggravated.
*BONUS* Consider each no-show a lead– This prospective patient, even though they didn’t show, is still a viable lead for your practice. If a connection has been built prior to the appointment they are MUCH more likely to reschedule with your practice. You or your staff should personally contact the patient within 4 business hours from the time the appointment is scheduled. Actually speaking with the patient will increase the number of people who show up for their appointments and reschedule their missed appointments. Not calling the patients is going to significantly decrease your results.
Each week we will go into depth on each topic and marketing strategies to help grow your practice. Please call or text (360) 326-8896 or use our Live Chat if you have ANY questions or would like to speak any of our marketing experts.