How to Boost Your Referrals
The fastest and most affordable way to grow your practice is through referrals. Unfortunately, most practices never reach their full referral potential.
Each new patient referred by an existing patient is a better quality patient that costs less to attain than with external marketing. Referred patients have a higher rate of accepting treatment plans, are a loyal long lasting patient, and have a lower rate of no shows and cancellations. Marketing to your existing patients is the most effective and affordable way to grow your practice with quality patients.
Read the tips below to learn how you can increase your referrals
How to Boost Your Practice with Constant Referrals
1. MOST IMPORTANT: Have a structured referral program that changes quarterly.
2. Have a large enter to win incentive. (NOTE: This goes far beyond a simple credit on a patients account.) Every time someone refers they should be entered to win a large item. If possible, also provide a lesser priced item given every time a patient refers.
3. Construct in office posters that highlight referral incentive(s) to existing patients, specific ailments, call to action, and suggestions of whom to refer.
4. Provide every patient a referral card and coach them how to refer friends and family.
5. Create an incentive or bonus for your office staff to reach a specific referral goal.
6. Be sure to have a compelling new patient offer and deadline on all referral cards. This will remove any objections from new patients and create a sense of urgency.
7. Promote your referral program every way possible: Posters in your office, your newsletter, your website, referral cards, Facebook, Blog, social media, chamber, tell local business and more.
8. Make a big deal out of referrals! Thank patients who refer every way possible.